Friday, April 16, 2010

BOOKS and the Bookstore Obsession

Went Shopping today. Again. For books. I love books. I especially Love craft books. I love the little 6 shelf Sew Section in Barnes and Noble ( I scored an Educational Discount!! 25%!!) and I love the 2 Shelf Beading and metal work section and I love the clearance section.....I just love it. Granted, I buy 30238 books a year and read 4....but i have them and I love them and they give me a warm fuzzy feeling of education when I see them. Yep, i love books.

I love the smells, the new crisp papers, the gloss and the pictures. I love the fact that they are unbroken and have yet to be read and defiled by anyone. They are new and ready to go. i especially love just grabbing them from the shelves into a little pile on my arms and the excitement it gives me.

Books are a great resource for inspiration. Regardless of the fact that you may read it once, breeze through the pictures a few times. Its the High you get from the possibility of ideas, from a change, from something new. Seeing an awesome set of earrings and knowing that you could do that too.....or at least try. I love learning about new techniques and possibilities and living vicariously through the craft artists in them. They make it seem easy and Quick. Like I could make a whole slew of shirts, baby blankets, earrings and home items in one weekend.

I love sitting on the floor of a Barnes and Noble Reading away. Its Free really. But I always end up buying at least 2 books....

No comments:

Post a Comment