Monday, May 31, 2010

9th avenue Food Festival Craft Market

Let me start off with, THIS WAS MY MOST SUCCESSFUL DAY YET!! YAAAAY!

Getting to the West Side wasn't too bad, We took a cab from 79th and 5th ave Since I had to Pick up a table I was borrowing. When we got there there were a mess of people scrambling around to figure out where the Etsy Crafts space was going to be. It was total Chaos! people were angry, guys were bugging out no one knew what was going on......Until the fair people finally came over and gave us some spots. PHEW.

I shared a small space with a cool lady who sold precious stone jewelry and though we were cramped in there, People came on in and looked! and they LIKED!!  My stuff. the other lady didn't do to well however. Her jewelry, thought beautiful, was very very expensive and she didn't accept credit cards.

I did well because my price range is really reasonable and I had Different stuff that appealed to many different people. Its a huge street fair on the upper west side with many different buyers who like different things. I also accept credit cards and talked up the people so that they knew I was the artist and collector and they were buying good stuff. the other lady just sat there.

Its really important to be a presence at your booth, but not in the buyers face. give them the autonomy to look and try on with no pressure. Of your stuff is good, they will buy it.

A few girlfriends came over to show their love and get some jewelry, there was a salsa dance company across the street that was great! the people were super friendly and nice, the food vendors were AMAZING, we had some sick spring rolls and sweet potato fritters. it was a non stop fun day.

So yeah I made a ton of cash and came home  with Chris so BEAT and TIRED but we managed to head on over to our favorite Restaurant (Bareburger) and eat ostrich burgers, with my fav Original Sin Cider and Sick Pecan Pie.  

It was a great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment