Friday, May 14, 2010

Where do you get your supplies?

NYC is an insane Mecca of Anything. Anything you are obsessed with or passionate about, NY has at least 3 blocks dedicated to it. Stores Galore, a Shoppers Paradise. Lots of Options.

My Mecca is 6th avenue and Broadway between 35th and 39th streets. There are a wide Array of Bead and Jewelry supply stores Available. I've visited each and every one, and really they are all the same when it comes to price, but the selection ranges. This area is also next to the Garment District on 35th which has an enormous amount of fabric and Notions stores where you can pick up some vintage buttons or yards of lace to use in your designs.

The Search for Quality supplies and jewelry components is a long and tedious one. However, when you do find that Jewel of a store you make sure to never forget the cross streets. Here is my list of stores I Love to go to and buy from for all things related to my little business.

Michaels!!: Nuff ‘ said. That place is like an Opium Den. I have spent many hours in that store.

Beads World: Broadway between 38th and 37th Street NYC

Lavaliere Sterling and Stones: 6th Ave between 37th and 38th Streets

Fun 2 Bead: 6th ave between 38th and 39th Street

M&J Trimming: 6th Ave Between 37th and 38th Street

Fire Mountain Gems: They ship fast and have a great catalog. you also get a free tote bag when you purchase!
http://www.firemountaingems.com/  
ETSY!: I can’t tell you how much I really love Etsy and the suppliers. You can literally find ANYTHING. Love it.

Also Dollar Stores and 5 and 10’s are an awesome resource for anything your little heart desires. From Tea Lights, to Stickers to Bead Findings and Skittles to help you pull a crafting all nighter.

I also Like to go Estate Sale Shopping, as well as antiquing and flea market browsing for shoe boxes full of old vintage jewelry or metals that I can use in my Designs.

My favorite is coming upon something awesome that I could have easily missed had I not been paying attention. And I don’t pay attention as often as I should which is obvious by the way I’m constantly knocking into people in the street.

No comments:

Post a Comment